How to access via JS?

Stefan Niedermann February 18, 2013

Hi,

with TinyMCE we were able to access to the fieldvalue via Javascript, for example:

jQuery("#mce_1").val("My Value");

is this possible with JEditor, too?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi Stefan,

It is possible:

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst') - returns an array of JEditor-enabled textareas

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst')[0].value - returns the value of the first instance in the array

AJS.$('.jeditor_inst[name="description"]').val() - returns value of the Description field

Our support team will be glad to help you with the script if you need to access JEditor via JS. You can contact us via the helpdesk or by emailing to support@jiraeditor.com

Stefan Niedermann May 27, 2013

this is just reading access - how can i write some content into a jeditor instance?

0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Stefan,

We have shipped a preview build: http://jiraeditor.com/builds/jeditor-1.5.40.1.jar.

After installation you can use the following functions to get and set value of JEditor instance:

jeditorGetData( fieldname )

jeditorSetData( fieldName, data )

Parameter fieldName here is name of field. For the Description field fieldName would be "description", for the Comment field it would be "comment". For custom fields you need to pass "customfield_id" as fieldName instead of label. For example:

jeditorGetData("description")

jeditorSetData("comment","some text")

jeditorSetData("description","<p>some text</p>")

jeditorGetData("customfield_10000")

0 votes
Kirill Bobrovskikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

Hi Stefan,

We will ship easy to use javascript API (read/write access to JEditor instances) with the next release.

I'll post the download link here as soon as we have the preview build.

Stefan Niedermann May 28, 2013

sounds nice, but i need a workaround until the version will be released...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events