How maintain test case versions in Zephyr for JIRA?

samantha subasinghe June 26, 2013

Hi,

How to track the version of a Test Case depending upon the changes made to it , in Zephyr for JIRA ?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
samantha subasinghe July 2, 2013

Hi Daniel,

In which release of Zephyr will contain this feature request ? Could i know a rough time period ?

Thanks
Regards,
Samantha

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2013

Hi Samantha,

I have added this feature to our feature request list. There is no ETA or timeline for the feature currently.

Regards,

Daniel

Gwyn Edwards October 6, 2015

Wondering if there is any update on this or any workarounds that you suggest

Like Mattias Ranfors likes this
4 votes
Dhiran Mandalia October 29, 2013

Hi,

We are currently evaluating Zephyr for Jira and are very dissapointed that there is no change tracking for test steps. From reading this thread it sounds like it has previously been requested. Are you able to update me on an ETA for this feature to be evailable?

Thanks

1 vote
Hande Yalkin January 15, 2019

Hello, Does Zephyr has a version control on Test Cases? We need to keep track of the test case changes throughout the release.

1 vote
Mike Burghart January 28, 2016

Daniel,

Has this feature been added? If so, can you link any documentation you have on it?

Thanks!

Mike

1 vote
Deleted user February 25, 2014

I completley agree. We are also going through a tool evaluation and the fact that the cases are not versioned or locked down after they have Passed in a test cycle is not acceptable.

0 votes
Zachary Thomas October 18, 2018

If Zephyr still doesn't have version control, is there another add on or application in the market place that does have a version control feature?

0 votes
Valerie Kalusinski October 8, 2014

we are facing the same problem in our company. This is not acceptable.

0 votes
Andre Larouche February 13, 2014

You can add our vote for this feature too. This is a critical item make Zephyr for Jira a legitimate testing solution.

An On-Demand version is another key improvement needed.

0 votes
Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Hi Samantha,

Zephyr for JIRA does not currently implement any version control for Test issue changes. I will add this to our feature request list for consideration in a future release.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events