How long does it take approval process of new version of app (extension of hosting type)?

Tomáš Doležel July 19, 2021

Hello Atlassian friends,

I would like to ask you one question. I really appreciate any reactions.

Our team is developing our application. New version of our app is going to be extended for cloud hosting type (now it is only for server).

I found in Atlassian documentation (https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/listing-and-managing-apps/) that this upgrade also subject to an approval process).

I would like to know how long does it take? Does it take about the same time as the normal approval process? Or is it faster? 

Thank you all for sharing experience with this topic.

Tomas Dolezel
SykoraIT

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

Hi @Tomáš Doležel 

If you take a look over on the App Approval Guidelines, it has a section to manage expectations here:

Approval times vary depending on current volume and the Marketplace team’s availability, submissions fall into an internal queue which the Marketplace team works through chronologically as they come in. Our team checks a range of requirements for your app, like if it installs properly and has documentation. It's not uncommon to experience a few rounds of the approval process. To avoid unnecessary updates and resubmissions, make sure your app adheres to the guidelines on this page. If you believe your approval is taking too long, feel free to check in via a question to our team.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Andy

Tomáš Doležel July 21, 2021

Hi @Andy Heinzer
Thanks for your reply. I "studied" App Approval Guidelines quite a lot so I understand there are many conditions which can prolong an approval process. I would appreciate more any time information in your answer (for example 1 - 3 days). Maybe would be better to ask question like this. 

Approximately how long does the approval process take when you follow App Approval Guidelines? Of course, in a situation where the Approval team has a normal number of applications for approval.  

Anyway thank you for your interest. 

Tomas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events