How is consolidated test status calculated? (Xray)

Adam Betz January 29, 2020

I have a test plan that has several tests associated with it. I also have two test executions: one for a 'test' environment, and another for a 'production' environment.

The 'test environment' execution took place two weeks ago, and all results were captured. I had two tests records for which I recorded a FAIL status. 

The 'production environment' execution occurred yesterday. Between the test env execution and yesterday, our team delivered a fix for those failing tests. This time, those tests passed.

However … when I go to the test plan and look at the 'Test' section, there is a column in this table called 'Latest Status', and I see a latest status value of FAIL for those two tests that I had failed earlier, but which are now passing. I've attached an obfuscated screenshot for reference.AtlassianQuestion.png

AFAIK all execution start and end times are present on the execution records.

I've been scratching my head trying to figure out how to resolve this problem. I would expect the test plan view to show the latest test record associated with each test; in this case, the latest test record status associated with these two tests were a PASSING, so I would expect to see passing here. Instead, it looks like it is calculating a consolidated status based off of all test records, and presumes to say that if any of them are failing, then they all are failing.

Have I messed something up when creating the artifacts, or missing a value in a field on these artifacts to get my expected behavior? Or is this an admin-level control that I need to figure out?

1 answer

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events