How does the Timesheet Auditors Group configuration work?

Martin Oberscheven November 17, 2013

Hi Andriy,

I like your Time Sheet addon and I want to use it but I need to restrict the visibility of time sheet entries. I read in some post that this is achievable in the configuration since version 2.4.

I tried out the "Timesheet Auditors Group" and "Timesheet Auditors Role" in order to accomplish the desired. I was able to verify the functionality of "Timesheet Auditors Role". After setting this configuration to a specific role all user without this role can't see any entries in the timesheet. But the "Timesheet Auditors Group" doesn't seem to restrict visibility in my setup. I did the following:

1. Set the "Timesheet Auditors Group" to a specific group. This group doesn't have any members. From the configuration's explanation I conclude that now no one should be able to see timesheets for other users.

2. Add Timesheet gadget to a user's dashboard (not member in Timesheet Auditors Group). The gadget is configured to view the timesheet of a different user by setting the "Show entries created by user". After refreshing of the dashboard, I see all the timesheet entries of the other user. But following my reasoning this should't be the case.

Did I make a false assumption concerning the functionality of the "Timesheet Auditors Group" or is there a bug in the configuration? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

<label for="user">
</label>

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

Hi Martin,

Version 2.7 is realeased with the fix.

Thank you.

Martin Oberscheven November 19, 2013

Hi Andriy,

first of all thank you for the quick fix but I think it is not completely working as intended. After the fix I can't see any timesheets of other users, whatever I set for "Timesheet Auditors Group" and "Timesheet Auditors Role" in the Timesheet configuration.

Cheers,

Martin

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi Martin,

Sorry for stupid mistake and thank you for trying so quickly, please see corrected version 2.7.1.

Thank you.

0 votes
Piotr Silarów May 7, 2021

Dear Andreiy

i have trouble with accessing to timeshits of my team (Timesheet Audtiors Group)

I have attached current config as PNG

In dashboard i get for all of my team message : Timesheet for other users is not allowed. Youre not member of any Timesheet Audtiors Group. Configure.

Exception is my time sheet which i can see without any problem, 

Jira wer. 8.12.1image.pngimage.png

Piotr

0 votes
Piotr Silarów May 7, 2021

Dear Andreiy

i have trouble with accessing to timeshits of my team (Timesheet Audtiors Group)

I have attached current config as PNG

In dashboard i get for all of my team message : Timesheet for other users is not allowed. Youre not member of any Timesheet Audtiors Group. Configure.

Exception is my time sheet which i can see without any problem, 

Jira wer. 8.12.1

0 votes
Martin Oberscheven November 26, 2013

Thank you, Andriy. Now it works properly.

0 votes
Martin Oberscheven November 17, 2013

Alright, thank you for the quick reply.

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi Martin,

Your assumption is correct, and I can see a bug in code in this concern, so I will fix it soon and let you know.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events