How does the InVision integration in Jira work? Very unintuitive

Curtis Eun February 20, 2020

My admin installed the InVision/Jira app for me. He then gave me all permissions. But when I click the InVision icon in a Jira story, nothing happens.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hi @Curtis Eun,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

You may get a better answer if you contacted the vendor of the app, but based on the documentation, did you configure the integration by going to Apps > Manage Apps > InVision for Jira > Configure and selected the projects the integration should be available for?

Yes I had our admin configure it. Still not working. He also tried this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 2.13.17 PM.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

I would contact InVision directly to see if they can help you. I did a quick test on my environment and was able to access the prototype from within an issue in Jira without problems.

Have you checked if you see the same behavior if you use an incognito window? Just to rule out any browser extensions that may interfere.

Tried incognito. Still not working. I guess I have to contact InVision now.

Cristina Lusetti February 28, 2020

Same problem on our project. We added Invision add-on and all users have the correct permissions, but it does not work.

@Curtis Eun  let me know if you have luck with Invision support!, thanks! 

Curtis Eun February 28, 2020

Hi Cristina,

I found that my Privacy Badger Chrome extension was blocking integrations.invisionapp.com. Once I whitelisted it, the Jira InVision button started working. Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events