Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you display data from scripts?

Sara Creenan (M&T) May 27, 2020

What is the recommended way to display data from scripts ? Is there a way to show it in jira dashboards? Do you use systems outside of the tool? Any ideas?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2020

What "scripts"?

That's rather a blunt question, not helpful in itself, but it does at least get us started.  I write scripts all the time to do all sorts of things (poking results I care about into either Slack or Jira depending on which is more appropriate)  Not just scripts for Atlassian software - anything I think I'm doing that starts to feel repetitive - script it.

From your question, I'd say you're doing the right thing, but you want to see the results of some of the scripts you have. 

So our question is has to be what data you are generating and that should lead us to the best place to store it.  If you want to use Jira reporting, then 99 times out of 100, you will want to get the data on to issues, as almost all the reporting in Jira is issue based.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events