How do you access JQL plugin's parameters from an Xporter's export file.

Saitej Poosarla September 12, 2016

I have developed a JQL plugin to retrieve a list of issues related to a particular issue key passed as parameter to plugin.

Then I am exporting all the issues hence retrieved to create a report with Xporter  plugin for JIRA.

Now, what I want to know is if there is a way to get the issue key passed as a parameter in Xporter template file.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Hi,

You can get the JQL query using this ${FilterJQL}, but this placeholder prints the query you are using to search issue. So, you need to do some manipulation in order to get the desired value. Javascript is the solution. Take a look here:

http://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/public/XPORTER/Javascript

0 votes
Saitej Poosarla September 13, 2016

But ${Key} is printing the issue key of that iteration in the Result list. What I am looking at is retrieving the key of the parameter passed to the plugin.

Probably, I can be clear with an example:

My JQL Plugin name: saitejPlugin(<issueKey>)

How i use 

issue in saitejPlugin("JIRA-123") and search. This retrieves a list of issues and I Export them using Xporter plugin. 

In the Xporter template, i am looking at retrieving details of JIRA-123

0 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2016

You just need to user this ${Key} to get the Key printed on document.

0 votes
Saitej Poosarla September 12, 2016

Yes, that's right 

0 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2016

Hi,

Did you create a new JQL function right? Are you exporting all issues retrieved by that function?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events