How do i set Confiform dropdown values when choose from other dropdown

SP June 15, 2020

Example:

One Drop Down: [A, B, C]

Two Drop Down:  i need to set values [1,2,3 ]  when i choose A from One Drop Down and if i choose B then set values [4,5,6 ].

Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2020

You cannot add options to dropdowns in ConfiForms on the fly, but you can easily built dependent fields that offer the choices (filtered) based on the selection in the other field or fields

See https://wiki.vertuna.com/dosearchsite.action?cql=siteSearch%20~%20%22apply%20filter%20on%20field%22%20AND%20space%20in%20(%22CONFIFORMS%22%2C%22TEST%22)%20AND%20type%20in%20(%22space%22%2C%22user%22%2C%22page%22%2C%22blogpost%22%2C%22attachment%22)&includeArchivedSpaces=false

SP June 25, 2020

@John Funk

@John Funk @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

i use Smart Classifier for my requirement.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

Hi SP,

This is not possible with two separate fields in Cloud. I think you can do it with the add-on ScriptRunner using their Behaviours tool. 

But there is actually a cascading type custom field that can be created which will do what you want with a "single" field. 

SP June 15, 2020

Hi John,

Do you have example how to use "add-on ScriptRunner using their Behaviours tool. " or cascading type custom field

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

No, I do not use ScriptRunner. 

For the other, go to Settings > Issues > Custom Fields

Then click Create custom field

Then choose Select list (cascading)

You should be able to take it from there.  :-)

SP June 15, 2020

@John Funk 

Am looking below stuff, but didn't see the exact code how it was setup, is that possible get that?

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Using+smart+classifier+field+built+from+a+from+with+3+columns+-+3+levels+deep+classifier

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

I don't know what that is - it appears to be an add-on.

Did you follow my steps above?

SP June 16, 2020

@John Funk  i didn't try, because i don't have admin access to do and that will not happen.

but this might help for me atleast but look code for below.

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Using+smart+classifier+field+built+from+a+from+with+3+columns+-+3+levels+deep+classifier

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events