How do I total 5 fields together?

TTK January 14, 2021

I have 5 value fields Amount1, Amount2, Amount3, Amount4 and Amount5.  I just want to total them to a field named TotalAmount.  I tried to use a ConfiForms rule but my totals are always wrong i.e. value of 100 in only field Amount1 give me a total of 500 in field TotalAmount:

TotalAmount=(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R1Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R2Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R3Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R4Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R5Amount]")). 

Then I tried to find a formula that would just total the fields but can see to find a Total or Sum of 5 fields together example with no luck so far. 

Any help would be really appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TTK January 14, 2021

The simple answer was I had to use either a ConfiForms Field set as Formula (see below) or use a ConfiForms Rule Field set as formula, I choose the latter to provide the user total while in the form.

TotalAmount=(ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R1Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R2Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R3Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R4Amount]") + ZEROIFEMPTY("[entry.R5Amount]"))

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

If somebody uses the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, don't forget that its Table Filter macro can output the total column as well:

total column.png

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi TTK,

I can confirm that if you are using Jira Cloud then you could achieve this requirement with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud by using a Scripted Field as described here or a Script Listiner as described here to sum the values of fields and store them on an issue.

If you are using Confluence Cloud then then you could achieve this requirement with ScriptRunner for Confluence Cloud by using a Script Listiner as described here and writing some custom groovy code to get the values you need and to sum these up and display them on your Confluence page.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
CJ Edwards January 14, 2021

Groovy will be your answer IMHO.

To do so , I would use a Scripted Field with Scriptrunner. (if you have)

If you would like a hand I am happy to help.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi TTK,

Check out the accepted answer of THIS POST. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events