How do I share data between X-Ray instance and JIRA instance

surranjan January 20, 2022

On my project, two vendors are using JIRA (locally hosted) and X-Ray simultaneously to conduct testing and bug tracking. I want to make it seamless so that all data can be gathered from JIRA instance. How can I integrate the two without any manual intervention?

Appreciate any help from this great group!!

3 answers

2 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

Hi @surranjan

This is Syed @ Exalate. 

Exalate offers a seamless, fully-customizable integration solution which will give you an OOTB synchronization. You can choose from a easily configurable Visual rules editor or a scripting connection which can achieve almost all you can think of.

Feel free to book a demo with us if you want to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Syed

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2022

Hi @surranjan 

Xray has a feature to backup and restores information:

Please take a look at this documentation; it should be helpful to achieve the result you need:

https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Backup+and+Restore

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Brad Peterson March 7, 2022

Hi @surranjan,

The approach to integrate the Jira and Xray will depend on whether the vendors are using the same Jira instance (as you) or separate Jira instances.

If the vendors are using the same Jira instances, Jira already integrates with Xray, hence you should have access to Xray and Jira data from your Jira instance already.  

If the vendors are using separate Jira instances, you need to integrate both instances with an integration solution providing true bi-directional synchronization with reliable and predictable synchronization outcome.

One option that you may consider is Enterprise-class Integration Hub (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=Enterprise%20class%20integration%20hub)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events