• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I search through an Insight objectType filtering by Attachments? Edited

I have Staff assets that we add file attachments to and have realized I can't filter based on attachments, only attributes. For example, show all staff with Attachments that are pdfs having the words in the title "filled.form". With the option to display a link to the file.

And there is no option to create a file upload attribute.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Jan 09, 2021

Hi @Sal G ,

what about to create object type Staff attachment and add multi-object attribute Attachments to the Staff object type, i.e. instead of store the attachments to the staff object create object for each attachment and link it to the staff object.

Each object with type Staff attachment can have name and other attributes to be able to search through these attachments and you can attach pdf file to these objects (each pdf file will have it's own object).

I'd thought of this.  It removes the ease of adding a file to an object as you are working on it. And if the object isn't named just-so, it could be difficult to discern what it is without opening the file object and then the file.  Just seems to make too many more steps for a quick glance at an attribute.

This is a flaw in Insight and should be remedied. Attachments should be treated like multi-valued attributes and easily seen by file names as links to the file.

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Jan 11, 2021

Yes, your solution would be more complicated, but unfortunately I can't think of any other way, how to achieve, what you need.

I was hoping there would be some advanced IQL or JQL that would work for searches.

Maybe I have this in the wrong place?  Should it be a feature request?

Thanks,

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Jan 11, 2021

I was able to find some issues in Mindville's Jira related to this topic:

Even though Insight is now Atlassian's product, it seems to me it still used and I was able to login. Probably it will be the best to create/comment issue here.

Like Sal G likes this

Thanks.  These issues match my own interests.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

117 views 2 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you