How do I measure most recent time in status or time in status from a certain point in a jiras past

chrisyeem June 15, 2020

Hello,

I have a list report that tracks time in status. We are using it to record time in spent waiting to triage, so the time in status "Triage" is the time spent waiting to triage. The report works great except for one logical flaw. We also have our workflow setup so that when a jira moves to another team, either by being moved to another project or to another component, we reset the jira to status triage, since it represents the workflow that a bug needs to be triaged again. Some teams do not like this for the AIO report that we have built to track time spent waiting to triage, since that results in the time spent waiting to triage for all teams, not the team to which the bug currently belongs.

So the remedy would be to have the report track the most recent History Status of triage, but how do I setup my filter to do that?

The Report looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ozrhwimb77ta6p/Screenshot%202020-06-15%2013.53.19.png?dl=0

The calculated field that's used to group them by the 1 day SLA is described here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gw8lk1os6ppcg8/Screenshot%202020-06-15%2013.54.08.png?dl=0

But the filter on History Status groups together all instances of the jira having been in the History Status so that it measures it that way. This results in a jiras that show up as being in Triage state for a long time, like 5 days or so, but that's because it was in the "Triage" status multiple times. The one I want to have the option to measure is only the most recent one.

Is there a way to have it only return a line in the filter, if it's the most recent instance of having been in the History Status?

2 answers

1 vote
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 27, 2020

Hi @chrisyeem 

I believe Time Between Statuses could help you with this request.

This add-on calculates status to status time. And it has the function which allows customizing the calculation by choosing the first/last transition to/from the status.

So in your case, you can select the last transition to or from status to get the most recent data. If you will have any questions I'll be happy to help you.

Best Regards

tbs.png

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2020

Hi Chrisyeem,

Since this question is dormant for a while, I recommend submitting a support request in the plugin's customer portal. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Regards,

Gökçe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events