How do I limit the teams listed in the Team field of Tempo Timesheets?

Geoff May 2, 2017

Hi

I would like to assign Jira issues to Scrum teams and I have found this article that appears to be what I am looking for: Teams custom field

The problem I have is over the years several people have created several Tempo Teams and the list is quite extensive.  Many of these teams no longer exist and shouldn't be presented as an option to the user.

The question I have is can I configure or manage the list of teams that appear in the Team field so it only lists the currently active teams? Another option I have considered is to delete a Tempo Team but I was wondering what data will I lose?

We are currently running JIRA Software 7.2.1 and Tempo Timesheets 8.0.3.

Regards
Geoff

2 answers

0 votes
Geoff May 12, 2017

Problem solved.  The user I was testing with was part of the group jira-administrator group and it appears to list all teams in the drop list regardless of the team's permissions.  When I tested with someone in the jira-developer group the list was limited as per the individual team's permissions.

0 votes
Geoff May 2, 2017

So after some more investigation, I have found something that I think is supposed to provide what I want but it doesn’t make sense.  The Teams custom field appears to behave differently depending on where it is accessed from.

The following steps were done using one of the teams that I don’t want to appear in the Team custom field droplist.

If I am listed as a user for the Approve Timesheets permission and edit the Team Timesheet dashboard gadget the team appears in the gadgets droplist.  The team also appears in the Team custom field that I have added to the edit issue screen.  That makes sense.

If I now remove myself for the Approve Timesheets permission and check the dashboard gadget gain the team doesn’t appear in the droplist.  That looked promising.  But when I go to the Team custom field the team is still listed.

I have two problems with this:

1. This isn’t consistent between the gadget and the edit issue screen.

2. This was all done by editing the Approval Timesheet permission but from what I have read this should be Browse Team permission. 

As anyone else come across this?  Am is missing something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events