How do I insert a new field in a Jira card?

monica.peixe January 19, 2022

I would like to create a new fixed field for every card created on Jira, so the team can tag the stakeholders related to the story being developed. Does anyone here know how to do it?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Hi Monica - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For Company-managed Software projects, Jira Work Management projects, and Jira Service Management projects, you should be able to create the field and add it to all of the screens used by the projects. 

For Team-managed projects, you would have to add the field to every project. 

monica.peixe January 19, 2022

Thanks for the response, John! Can you please explain how new fields are created and added? That's actually my main doubt.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Ah, sure! Go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields

You must be a Jira Administrator to get there.  :-)

As you create your field, the last step will allow you to go ahead and place the field on one or more of your existing screens. 

Again, this is just for JWM and JSM and Company-managed projects, not Team-managed projects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events