How do I hide submitted comments?

Angela L_ April 15, 2022

We're using Confluence data center with the K15T scroll viewport add-on as our customer-facing knowledge base. Currently, we have comments disabled. Customers can log on to the knowledge base and see an external view of all of our kb content. Internal users can log in and see all of the content plus all of the usual Confluence editing tools. 

I want to use the Comments feature as a way to gain customer feedback on pages without starting publicly visible discussions. So I want to be able to allow users to submit comments on an externally visible page, but I don't want those submitted comments to be visible to customer users. 

Is there a way to make this work? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Parraga -K15t- April 19, 2022

Hi @Angela L_ 

Thanks for sharing your case here! Could you let me know what Viewport theme you are currently using? Is it the help center theme or a custom theme?

Generally speaking, you might want to look into the Viewport Form macro. This macro can be added to any page and will show a form which allows your users to submit comments and questions to an email address you specify. The comments get to you but aren't publicly visible on the page.

The macro can be added page by page. If you'd like to introduce the feedback form more programmatically to your Knowledgebase, I'd recommend to look into options like adding a link to a page with the form in the header (if using the help center theme, for example).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Laura

Angela L_ April 19, 2022

Hello! It looks like our current theme is called "Global Look and Feel"...? (I went to Space Tools > Look and Feel > Themes.) 

We do currently provide a feedback link at the top of each page, which users can click to submit a feedback form in another browser tab. But it's rarely used, so I was hoping to come up with a more obvious way for customers to submit feedback directly on each page. 

I will check out that Viewport Form macro. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Angela L_ April 21, 2022

@Laura Parraga -K15t- For the record, I just found a place in the Scroll Viewport - Configuration settings where it says our theme is "Web Help - KB". 

2022-04-21_7-21-34.png

Laura Parraga -K15t- April 21, 2022

@Angela L_ Good to know. The Web Help Theme allows for full-fledged customizations. The form macro should still work, unless you have added customizations to your theme that infer with it. In that case, you would need to adjust those customizations.

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2022

Hi @Angela L_

Tagging the k15t experts @Laura Szafranek _K15t_ 

Laura Parraga -K15t- April 19, 2022

@Fabian Lim K15t actually has two Lauras! This is me: @Laura Parraga -K15t-  :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events