How do I get the values from Date/Time Formats"?

Sergio Deras March 28, 2013

Hello:

I am working with a plug-in and I need to get the value of the Date/Time Formats that can be configured in the System-Look and Feel Configuration.

I cannot find any refernece in the web to get this.

I have tried :
com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.ApplicationProperties applicationProperties= getApplicationProperties();

1. applicationProperties.getText("jira.date.picker.java.format");
2. applicationProperties().getString("jira.date.picker.java.format");
3. applicationProperties().getStringsWithPrefix("jira.date");
4. applicationProperties().getDefaultBackedString("jira.date.picker.java.format");
5. applicationProperties().getDefaultString("jira.date.time.picker.java.format");

1. and 2. retun Null
3. returns an empty Collection
4. returns "d/MMM/yy", it looks like this is the default, but I have changed this property in the Jira Look and Feel page to "dd/MM/yyyy"
5. again, this looks like the defaul value "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a", I have setup this one as "dd/MM/yyyy h:mm a"

How can I get the value from the system please?

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio Deras April 1, 2013

The answer in this example:

public String getJiraDateFormat(ApplicationProperties applicationProperties) {
String format = applicationProperties.getDefaultBackedString(APKeys.JIRA_LF_DATE_DMY);
return format;
}

The property that I needed was

"jira.lf.date.dmy" , that is APKeys.JIRA_LF_DATE_DMY
IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Thanks @Sergio for the answer

1 vote
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2013

This code will help you , I think you are looking for the same.

private String getOriginalEstimateString(Issue issue)

{

long estimate = -1;

if (issue != null)

{

if (issue.getEstimate() != null && issue.getOriginalEstimate() != null)

{

estimate = Math.min(issue.getOriginalEstimate().longValue(), issue.getEstimate().longValue());

}

if (estimate != -1)

{

return DateUtils.getDurationString(estimate, getHoursPerDay(), getDaysPerWeek());

}

}

return null;

}

private int getHoursPerDay()

{

return Integer.parseInt(ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getDefaultBackedString(APKeys.JIRA_TIMETRACKING_HOURS_PER_DAY));

}

private int getDaysPerWeek()

{

return Integer.parseInt(ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getDefaultBackedString(APKeys.JIRA_TIMETRACKING_DAYS_PER_WEEK));

}

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2013

if you are writing plugin for datepicker or date and time picker then you should try this location WEB-INF\classes\jira-application.properties to change date format.

0 votes

Would it be a way to get the value from the Look And Feel? Instead from the Advanced Settings?

0 votes

So it looks like the Look And Feel just work for the Jira specific server, for my plug-in I need to modify the values in

"<JiraContext>/admin/AdvancedApplicationProperties.jspa"

Then applicationProperties().getDefaultBackedString("jira.date.picker.java.format");

returns the value that I have set.

Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2013

above code was just an example which retrive the values i.e. 1day 2 hours 30 mins like that.

Thanks Onkar I have just seen your answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events