How do I get Search Template for the custom field Issue Picker plugin?

Ming Lee July 23, 2013

I installed the Custom Field Picker plugin and it's useful for us to link to an issue. I am wondering how I can get the Seach Template added for this custsom field, so it can show up in the Issue navigator and serachable in the filter.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ming Lee August 9, 2013

I contacted the author and it is not available at this point. Hopefully, he can include that in the near future.

0 votes
Ming Lee August 24, 2013
Close this question.
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2013

I can't identify which plugin you are talking about.

However, the search templates available for a custom field are determined by the plugin that provides the code for the custom field. If there are no options to select a search, then the writer of the plugin simply hasn't told Jira any searchers are appropriate for the field, so it can't offer you any.

You'll need to contact the author, but there's usually a good reason why a searcher isn't listed - if I could work out which plugin it is, I might be able to explain it.

Ming Lee July 23, 2013

The plugin I found is called IssuePicker Customfield. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mizan.issuepicker/versions#b1

Is there a similar or existing working search template I can use for it, if it is not provided by the author?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events