How do I ensure all items are assigned before closed?

worenge August 24, 2021

All work that moves to done should be assigned.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Simple solution is to disallow unassigned issues globally, but you can also make it mandatory in the field configurations on a project and issue basis.

If you want to do this during the workflow, like only making it mandatory when people close the issue, then you'll need to use a validator on the transition - that can do "if assignee empty, refuse to complete the move to closed".  Usually though, people automate it - it's not uncommon to see "set assignee to reporter when closing the issue", so it's easy for the originator of the issue to find things later and you can report on who is currently responsible irrespective of status.

worenge August 24, 2021

How do I add a validator . Would you have any information on this that I can read up on?

worenge August 24, 2021

I used a validator . It worked ... Yey

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2021

Hi @worenge

You can add a condition for the transition to Done that Assignee must have a value.

Or you can add a validator to the transition to Done for Field Value Required and select Assignee. 

Be sure to publish your workflow changes. 

worenge August 24, 2021

Am pretty new to this any content I can read to understand how to set a condition?

worenge August 24, 2021

I used a validator it worked.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2021

Awesome! Glad you got that figured out!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events