How do I disable/enable the plugin for specific projects?

Tom Nugter October 24, 2016

It would be great if there would be a way to disable or enable this plugin for only specific projects in our JIRA. Would this be possible? At the moment it seems that you can only enable or disable the plugin for all projects.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Hi Tom,

at the moment, there is no functionality to enable/disable the wiki section for a particular project. We can consider it as a feature request in one of the upcoming releases. Given the way the UI is structured with the dropdown in the main JIRA header that allows browsing for all projects, it would take a fair bit of effort to support this in an intuitive way. 

Could you elaborate a bit more on your particular use-case, so we can better understand?

Tom Nugter November 7, 2016

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your answer and my apologies for the late response.

Our use-case is simple: in our JIRA instance we have roughly two kinds of projects; Open source projects and client-related projects. For client-related projects we document information as URL and where to find the code, etc. For these projects the plugin is ideal since the number of people that have access are limited. 

For the open source projects basically everybody access (you need to register though). The technical documentation is done on an external site and the existence of a wiki could, theoretical, mean that documentation could be found here and cause (some) confusion. We have a workaround for now, but the most neat solution would be to disable the wiki functionality for these projects.

Kind regards,

Tom

Marco Chiarello July 9, 2018

I also have a similar problem. I need to enable a Test Management plugin for a project and another test management plugin for another project. If I Install a plugin it seems it will be available for all the projects, so 2 TM solutions will be available for all the projects. Is there any way to select which plugin is enabled for which project?

Thanks

Marco

Like # people like this
Guillermo Riojas Rodriguez August 23, 2018

We are facing the same problem whenever we want to test a plugin before rolling it out to the whole company.

We want to avoid creating confusion in development teams, and we want to ensure the plugin fulfills our needs and its worth the investment.

Hopefully administrators could go on each project and activate/deactivate plugins for specific projects. 

Like # people like this
Vinícius Knob March 15, 2019

Hello Anthony, 

Has this feature already been developed? We need it.

Thanks,

Vinícius.

Deekshith Rao Juvvadi April 19, 2019

Hello Anthony,

Any update on this feature request? This is particularly useful for organizations like ours where the number of projects in a JIRA instance can be huge. 

Thanks,

Deekshith

Like maclun likes this
2 votes
Carlos Botero November 14, 2019

Hello everyone. If you are still interested in this, the good news is that there is already a Feature Request in Atlassian's Jira which is currently "Under Consideration".

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59932?_ga=2.250207682.531979720.1573660213-15688529.1557906612

Add your vote to this feature to let know Atlassian that this is something really wanted!

Vinícius Knob November 14, 2019

Hello Carlos,

I believe the specific issue is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36830.

Thanks for your reply, my team is really interested in that.

Vinícius.

Carlos Botero November 14, 2019

@Vinícius Knob the issue you shared is marked as "Closed". The one I shared is still active and it is the one that is being currently followed (and the one that should be voted).

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-59932?_ga=2.249363651.531979720.1573660213-15688529.1557906612

Like Vinícius Knob likes this
Vinícius Knob November 14, 2019

@Carlos Botero, what exactly does the issue JRASERVER-36830 solve? Can I already request to enable/disable plugins for Jira projects? Or I have to wait for JRASERVER-59932?

Thanks,

Vinícius

0 votes
binayak.padhy January 23, 2020

Have some one closed already using Classic Software 

How do I disable/enable the plugin for specific projects

May you please help on for the same with the steps

Binayak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events