Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I deploy from linked Jira instance?

I am currently testing Configuration Manager for transferring Jira projects from productive to testing environment, so that testers have up to date environment to test with.

Therefore I created a snapshot in my productive Jira and want to use this one in the testing Jira. I created an application link between these Jira instances which both Jiras say is fine. But when I hit the "From linked Jira instance" button in the deploy section of the Configuration manager and select my linkes Jira instance from the dropdown menu, I receive the following error message:

"You have to authorise this operation first. Please login into the remote application."

I tried to have a login running with both systems within the same browser session but I still get this message. What am I missing?

2 answers

I have the same problem, any update on this?

@Fabian Graevenitz 

You should just be able to download the snapshot from the source instance and then "Deploy from Snapshot" in the target instance.

Can you let me know if you have any issues doing so?

Yes. I created a snapshot with issues which contains about 2,800 issues.

Nice! Glad to see this worked for you :) 

Well, the deploying via file worked. But I wanted to deploy directly from another Jira instance, so I don't have to ftp the file around every time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

318 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you