How do I deploy from linked Jira instance?

Fabian Graevenitz August 20, 2020

I am currently testing Configuration Manager for transferring Jira projects from productive to testing environment, so that testers have up to date environment to test with.

Therefore I created a snapshot in my productive Jira and want to use this one in the testing Jira. I created an application link between these Jira instances which both Jiras say is fine. But when I hit the "From linked Jira instance" button in the deploy section of the Configuration manager and select my linkes Jira instance from the dropdown menu, I receive the following error message:

"You have to authorise this operation first. Please login into the remote application."

I tried to have a login running with both systems within the same browser session but I still get this message. What am I missing?

3 answers

1 vote
Furkan October 6, 2021

I have the same problem, any update on this?

Furkan November 3, 2021

Link your instances. On the target and source instances, open any issue, click more>link and on 'server' section choose the other instances link. This wants you to authenticate the server, click on 'authenticate' and allow it. (after that you can cancel issue linking)

Giving the authentication with this way worked for me.

Like Fred W likes this
0 votes
May Srichainont November 2, 2021

I have the same issue.  I created a snapshot in my source Jira and want to use this one in the Target Jira. I created an application link between these Jira instances which both Jiras say is fine. But when I hit the "From linked Jira instance" button in the deploy section of the Configuration manager and select my linkes Jira instance from the dropdown menu, I receive the following error message:

"You have to authorise this operation first. Please login into the remote application."

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Furkan November 3, 2021

Check my answer below.

0 votes
Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2020

@Fabian Graevenitz 

You should just be able to download the snapshot from the source instance and then "Deploy from Snapshot" in the target instance.

Can you let me know if you have any issues doing so?

Fabian Graevenitz August 20, 2020

Yes. I created a snapshot with issues which contains about 2,800 issues.

Amanda Kirk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2020

Nice! Glad to see this worked for you :) 

Fabian Graevenitz September 14, 2020

Well, the deploying via file worked. But I wanted to deploy directly from another Jira instance, so I don't have to ftp the file around every time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events