• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I create Test cycles in XRAY . We have Test cycle option in RQM and Zephr, how is this in XRA

Hi,

I would like to understand how test cycles can be created in XRAY. Do you have an explicit method ( in that case, can you please share the link) or 

Eg: In RQM we have Timelines section , where one can  specify the details of the Iteration -> Release -> Cycles. These are reflected in Test plan -> Test schedules as Iterations where  we give the information about the test cycle or release. So under one test plan I can have multiple test cycles and releases.

If I am migrating from RQM to XRAY, where would I specify these test cycles/release details. What approach do you suggest.

Appreciate your reply and also any related document links for reference.

Thank you,

Regards,

Preethi

2 answers

Hi @Preethi Srinivasan 

This link has information about the similar issues in Xray terminology: https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAY/ISTQB+glossary+vs+Xray+terminology.

This should be helpful but for more questions, please contact us through our Service Desk in order to analyse your specific method.

Best Regards,

Team Xray 

Hi @Preethi Srinivasan  ,

just to add some additional information. 

The concepts are a bit different between Xray and Zephyr.

Xray is more Agile friendly, IMO.

Please have a look at the following page on a migration utility that we have that helps migrating data from Zephyr to Xray, and that details the mapping of concepts:

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=62270354#Importing/MigratingdatafromZephyrforJira-Mappingofinformation

If it is still not clear, please let me know.

Regards

Sergio

=======================================

Personal blog on testing, Agile and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: @darktelecom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Do Not Lose your Customer’s Trust

Missing deadlines is one of the biggest problems every team lead wants to avoid when dealing with managed services. When the customer contracts your company to help with IT services it is expected th...

296 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you