How do I automatically populate a read only field when another field is empty

Whenrick Rodney July 25, 2021

I am creating a form and I need to conditionally switch a set value on a field if another field is empty.

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

@Whenrick Rodney 

What is your configuration for the "ConfiForm Rules for Definition" macro?

May be this one will help - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Form+with+default+values+set+by+Field+def+rules+and+by+registration+control

Alex

Whenrick Rodney July 27, 2021

I have a Read-only field:

The field should populate with "some message" when another field is not empty

Current Macro Setting:

Field Name (or Expression) = Blank

Condition = fieldName:[empty]

Action to execute *= "I'm trying to set the value of a field"

What should my Rule Definition Macro look like?

Field name =

Condition =

Action to execute* =

Message to show when validation rule matches =

Validation rule = 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2021

Field name = fieldName

Condition = !fieldName:[empty]

Action to execute* = Set Value

Parameters to set: fieldYouWantToSet=Value

Screenshots from the editor (simple form with 2 fields: fieldName and fieldYouWantToSet)

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 16.45.30.pngScreenshot 2021-07-27 at 16.45.37.pngScreenshot 2021-07-27 at 16.45.43.png

Alex

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2021

you can use some addons like automation for jira or scriptrunner, maybe issue edit postfunction is also possible

Whenrick Rodney July 26, 2021

Thanks, Alexander. I'd like to move in the direction of using the ConfiForm Rules for Definition' Macro. I feel like I'm not constructing my rules correctly..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events