How do I add a Subversion ALM ssh repository?

Sal Quintanilla April 17, 2018

The paths to our svn repos are

ssh://192.168.8.100//var/hg/some_repo

I've tried combinations of

svn+ssh://192.168.8.100//var/hg/some_repo

svn+ssh://username@192.168.8.100//var/hg/some_repo

with basic authentications with

Forced HTTP Auth checked
    Forced HTTP Auth unchecked

and absolute and relative paths to my id_rsa file that has no Protocol pass phrase.  Every permutation gives me the error

svn: E215000: Credential data unavailable

I've tried looking for a definitive example for my environment but so far haven't found one.  What steps do I need to take to add our repository?

Thanks for reading.

1 answer

0 votes
Sal Quintanilla April 30, 2018

I won't be surprised if this is pilot error, but as of now I'm still not finding the combination that will work for us.  Should I try to find some other svn solution?

Karl-König Königsson September 11, 2019

This is how I did it just now:

• I specified the URL as svn-ssh://my.server.addr/foo/bar (no username in the URL)
  • Then I added the username I want to connect with in the Basic Authentication section.
  • I copied the rsa_id file to the /var/atlassian/application-data/jira and then specified /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/rsa_id in the field for the key

That worked.

Hans van Schoot November 20, 2020

Hi all,
I've got the exact same problem: using the svn+ssh:// protocol causes the "svn: E215000: Credential data unavailable" error, no matter what other data I supply in the username/password/keyfile.

@Karl-König Königsson which version of the Subversion ALM plugin are you using?

Karl-König Königsson November 20, 2020

I am right now on 9.0.3, but since my answer is about a year old I can not tell for sure which version I was running then. On the other hand, I have been rather lazy about updating the plugins so it might well be that 9.0.3 is the one I had.

Hans van Schoot November 20, 2020

ok, I'm trying to get things running with 9.0.9. Thanks for the info!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events