How can you add COMMENTs to a Filter

bill.bennett@hanesbrands.com November 21, 2011

I am trying to add the COMMENTs field to my filters, but it does not show up in the drop-down.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2011

You can't, natively. Adding comments to the issue navigator might sound sensible, but it's actually not. Imagine what happens if you accidentally include an issue that has a long conversation on it - you'll have pages and pages of it, which you almost certainly don't want. I've actually implemented this in a couple of places, only to end up pulling it out because of the complaints (not to mention the performance)

Of course, if you really do want to do this, you can, but you'll need to write some code. Fortunately it's not too complex - write a "derived" custom field which outputs the comments in the issue navigator. As above, I wouldn't actually recommend this, but I do recommend having a look at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/15064 - that will display the last comment, which is far more useful in reality, and if you insist on getting everything, it's a good starting point for an output-all version.

bill.bennett@hanesbrands.com December 6, 2011

Thanks Nic, I see your point about the pages/pages of data....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events