How can we add dialog pop-up to Workflow post function through JIRA plugin ?

navya k December 4, 2019

Hi,

I have created a Jira plugin with the below-mentioned Workflow post function. I would like to have a dialog box on State transition from TODO -> InProgress.

Is there any way we can achieve this?

Workflow Post function : 

<workflow-function key="my-post-function" name="My Post Function" i18n-name-key="my-post-function.name" class="us.deloitteinnovation.arya.jira.workflow.MyPostFunctionFactory">
<description key="my-post-function.description">The My Post Function Plugin</description>
<function-class>us.deloitteinnovation.arya.jira.workflow.MyPostFunction</function-class>
<resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/postfunctions/my-post-function.vm"/>
</workflow-function>

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hi @navya k ,

I am not sure if you want to add the pop-up dialog from the UI or if you are trying to do it programmatically, however, please review below links and see if they help:

In case none of the above links helps please provide more details but, if this is a development related issue, please keep in mind that this is not the best place to get support. You may want to refer to the resources listed in https://developer.atlassian.com/resources:

Cheers,
Dario

navya k December 5, 2019

@Dario B Thanks for replying, I'm trying to do it programmatically.

Use case: When a transition changes from TODO->InProgress I would like to call Rest API and display the result in pop-up screen.

What I tried:  I have created the plugin, added Workflow post function module. 

I'm able to call the Rest API, but I want to render the UI with a response.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @navya k ,

Thanks for your reply.

Before going any further, did you have any chance to review the links in my previous reply? The last one explains how to show content in a pop-up dialog in Jira.

If you reviewed them and they don't help, then I would proceed to the Developers Community as mentioned.

Indeed, searching in there, I can find threads in which similar topics have been already discussed:

Cheers,
Dario

navya k December 9, 2019

@Dario B 

In the above-mentioned links, I didn't find the link between post function and UI.

Everything explains about having a web-item button and rendering the UI.

Can you please explain, how I can display a popup screen on post-function transition?

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2019

@navya k , 

As already written, we cannot help you here. You should go ask in the developers community instead.

navya k December 11, 2019

@Dario B Thanks for replying.

I have created a ticket in the Developer community also. But no response

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/how-can-we-add-dialog-pop-up-to-workflow-post-function-through-jira-plugin/34170

Dario B
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2019

@navya k I can see that the thread has been created 2 days ago and that you have actually got an answer (somebody asking for more details since too little information was provided). 

I believe you should just give them some more time to reply. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events