How can i automate issue to close when it stays in a status "waiting for reporter" for long

stephen_abiero January 27, 2021

How can I automate an issue to close automatically if it stays in "waiting for reporter" status for more than 3 days?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2021

Hi Stephen - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use a Scheduled trigger to do that. Have it run every 1 days.

The JQL will look something like: project = ABC and status changed to "waiting for reporter" after -3d

Then add a New action to Transition issue to Done or Closed or whatever the status is. 

stephen_abiero January 27, 2021

@John Funk it actually worked. Thank you

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Great! Glad I could help. 

David Escobar April 14, 2021

what about for an specific issue, under a request type, but its an automate issue created by one of our devices, and I only need to automized the closing of this issue, not all issues?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hi David - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First, can you open this as a new question under a new post? That way more people will see it and not just the people on this thread. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events