Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can anonymous users view a Gantt from BigPicture or Advanced Roadmap timeline?

It's my understanding that only licensed users can view Gantt charts in BigPicture.  I am trying to find a solution that will allow anonymous users to see a particular Gantt chart, without having to log in to Jira Cloud.  It seems like there may be a way to export from BigPicture to PDF and put that on a Confluence page, but that would require manual steps to export and post.  Is there a way to automate this?

Does Advanced Roadmaps offer an anonymous view into a plan if this is not feasible?

We are not looking into other plugins at this time.

1 answer

0 votes
Anna-SoftwarePlant Marketplace Partner Nov 23, 2020

Hello @Rob Horan

As you mentioned, BigPicture does not allow anonymous access i.e.; you must be able to log into Jira in order to have access to BigPicture. Security reasons dictate it.

However, with BigTemplate, you can export any data in one of the formats: pdf, xlsx, MPP, CSV.
Once it’s done, it’s ready to distribute, print, send over e-mail or instant messaging.

If you have further questions regarding BigPicture or other our products, please let me know.

Best,

Anna
SoftwarePlant

Hi @Anna-SoftwarePlant ,

Thank you.  Unfortunately, there are several significant issues with this approach:

1 - it requires perpetual manual maintenance

2 - the data is immediately stale, more and more so and the time between manual refreshes increases

3 - it requires a separate purchase for what arguably should be built in functionality. The need for a separate purchase just to get PDF exports has been a topic of feedback I have received in the past.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

345 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you