How can I.....

Dean February 13, 2020

Hi Folks, 

I am using Jira,  Insight and Service Desk. I have roughly 300 customers that we support and want to pipe in all the Azure settings (VM's, Disk info etc etc) for each customer into Insight. Insight does have an importer for Azure and it works great. My problem is if I want to pipe specific information per customer into a ticket, I am struggling to figure out how to layout my schema. Do I have one master schema and pipe in all 300 clients azure data into one or do I create 300 schemas (one per client)? If I do either, how can I create my Insight Object Custom fields and get info for One customer? I do not want to obviously create 300 custom fields all for say "Virtual Machine" but now adding "Virtual Machine client 1" "Virtual Machne Client 2" ad nauseum. 

Is there anything out of the box that will allow me to pipe Insight info into a issue that is just specific to a customer? I hope I have given enough info?

I would love at the end of the day to be able to pipe in a small set of custom fields that will pull only one clients info.

Down the road i will than pipe into a Service Desk Request type the fields where the clients can choose. But I need to get the basics down.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Gyorgy Dani-Rauf February 13, 2020

Hi Dean,

AFAIK for the Insight Custom Fields you can use Filter Issue Scope IQL to narrow down the list of objects. For example I think Customer = <Customer A> if it's a 1:1 relation or Customer in <Customer A> if it's 1:N.

For this you should have an attribute for the Customer. So your object is Virtual Machine A and it has an attribute Customer with the value Customer A.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events