How can I track project benefits such as ROI over a given timeframe.

Corey Christensen January 5, 2022

Our projects have a standard 5 year rate of return, we are expected to track and analyze all ROI for projects after closure.  We enter the ROI for each project on a quarterly basis in a excel sheet not and map it to tableau.  However I would preferer to track in against the actual project in JIRA or Confluence. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

@Corey Christensen There is not a great way to track ROI directly in Jira.  Depending on what you are using to track your ROI I would suggest taking a look at Tempo Budgets.

Corey_J_Christensen July 27, 2022

@Brant Schroeder  thanks for the insight, what we track ROI against projects and Programs for 5 years post go live.  I assume this could be something we track in Confluence?  This is usually just a target like $5M a year for 5 years, so we gather actuals and log those.  Is that something we could do in confluence?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

@Corey_J_Christensen you could use Confluence to track that but you would be manually adding all of the information.  Sounds like this is what you already do so it shouldn't be a big change in process.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events