How can I so that incidents can only be moved by one of the team members?

Alonso De la Torre January 19, 2021

Let's say there are 3 members working on a Jira board with 5 columns:

Backlog / To-Do / In progress / Review / Done 

2 of those members can move the issues to review but only one of them can move from review to done. How can automation be programmed to achieve this?

Thanks

Alonso

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Alonso De la Torre,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In this case I would use conditions on the workflow instead of Automation. The reason is that automation runs after something happens to an issue, so you will not be able to prevent the transition with automation. Have a look at conditions for more information. I would recommend that you add a project role that should have the permission to transition issues to Done, and then use that in your condition. That way you do not have to update the workflow if you need to change who is allowed to do the transition, you just have to update the project role.

Hi @Mikael Sandberg ! Many thanks for your answer, and if I understand your central argument, only that I am new to Jira and I don't know where certain functions are, for example, where do I find the conditions? I would appreciate your help in the steps and also how to program the conditio

image.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

You will find the conditions when you edit your workflow. The easiest way to access the workflow if if you go to your project and click Project settings > Workflows. In the KB I linked to above you will find the instructions on how to add a condition. When you edit your workflow, just select the transition that you want to add the condition to, and then click Conditions. From here you can add it and once done editing the workflow click Publish to enable your new changes.

It Work!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events