How can I show the type of object in Insight?

Lara Lopez November 4, 2021

Hello,

I have some objects in insight with the same name, but they are different types of objects. I want to show in a Jira custom field all these objects at the same time for people to pick one but people need to open the Insight menu too see the differences, they cannot see what type they are from the dropdown. 

Ej:

Parent Object: Computers

Child Objects: Mac, Windows

My Mac and Windows objects all have the Name FREE when they are available. So my custom field shows the various options with the name FREE. But if people want to know which ones are MAC and which are WINDOWS they have to open the menu.

I could put the Mac and Windows in the Name attribute of the computer but this seems redundant, I am already creating an object of that type.
Is it possible to show the type of object in the custom field dropdown?

Best Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Lara Lopez ,

We had similar issues. We use the issues attributes filter to display the additional information:

insight_attributes.png

I hope this helps.

Lara Lopez November 5, 2021

Hello Fabian, 

Thanks for your answer I already tried your option but it does not work, as the type of object it is is not among the attributes. I would need to create a special attribute with that information.

I like to compare it with the issuetype.

In the issue navigator I can display issues and their issuetype.

In insight I can display objects and the type of object.

But If I create a customfield to display the objects the type of object is not an accessible attribute.  no?

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events