How can I set up the order to run the rules in Jira Automation?

Natalia Golikova December 1, 2020

Hello,

I have 3 rules with the same conditions to create tasks for created new epic (trigger).

There is a need to have those tasks in a particular order to make it more readable in the epic.

How can I set the sequence to run the 1st part then 2nd part and 3rd part?

I cannot combine tasks because there is a limitation in Jira on the quantity of actions/tasks in one rule. 

Right now I get a mess of tasks from three rules. It is very difficult to see what should follow what.

Or is there a way to move tasks inside the epic to correct the order.

I understand that it is possible in a backlog view, but there is a need to have the right order in the epic itself.

Thanks,

Natalia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Hi Natalia,

There is not current a concept of delaying executions of rules in Automation For Jira. You should possibly set it up where one rule files and at the end of the rule it sets a value in a custom field. Then rule number 2 will look for the value of the custom field getting changed and then fire. Then do the same with rules 2 and 3. 

Natalia Golikova December 1, 2020

Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
BrentBot_ May 13, 2021

@Natalia Golikova did this work for you? can you please share screen shots of if you were able to make this work?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events