How can I set the ID of a document for the Macro - "Scroll PDF Exporter" in Confluence?

Luecke April 14, 2021

I would like to add a version ID to the document (for a PDF scroll out export). In the template I can set a placeholder "Version ID" - how can I link this to Confluence?

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2021

Hi @Luecke ,

On Confluence Cloud we don't provide a specifically named Version ID placeholder (this named placeholder is only available on Confluence Server/DC, when you have Scroll Versions also installed).

Had you therefore created your own custom placeholder using the Page Property Placeholder approach to add your own version ID?

On Confluence Cloud, it remains possible to add the Page Revision placeholder to your export template and this will then print the Confluence version of the page (as displayed via the Page History). Is this what you required?

You can find a full list of our available placeholders for custom templates available here.

If you have any issues you can also reach out to us via the support portal link that @Diego kindly provided.

Cheers, Thomas (K15t)

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2021

Hello there @Luecke!

I don't quite understand what you mean by "link this to Confluence". With this in mind, please allow me to ask a few questions:

1. What is the final objective of your workflow?
  2. Is the template you mentioned a Confluence template?
  3. How do you set the ID placeholder you mentioned?

Also, I am linking the documentation and support page for K15t app:

Let us hear from you.

Luecke April 22, 2021

thank you for your answer @Diego 

I would like to generate a pdf from confluence where the version of the document can be included.

For example, I write in the header of Confluence version 1.2 - how can the pdf exporter read out the Version (Confluence) section?

You can select a Version ID in the template (PDF scroller).
What does this refer to? How can a link be created between Confluence and the PDF exporter? A placeholder can also be set for the date and the date will then be set automatically.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events