How can I set Voting Per Project to initially be OFF

Michael Robinson July 20, 2016

Hello,

I'm the admin for a JIRA instance with hundreds of projects.

I'm looking to use your Voting Per Project plugin and have tested it in a test instance.

I'm looking to add this plugin to my production instance to support voting in only 2 of my hundreds of projects right now.

I was hoping to find this plugin storing the enabled/disabled status for projects somewhere in JIRA database so that i could after installing the plugin on a maintenance outage run a simple update sql to set all of my projects to Disabled and only manually enable the 2 projects that need it.

Is there a way to avoid it being ON by default and having to manually turn it off for hundreds of projects?

Thanks,

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Andrzej Warycha August 1, 2016

Hi Michael,

Update SQL is not possible because there is no records in the database at the beginning.

The easiest way to change status of each setting is via js command from the web browser console.

Steps:

1. Go to the plugin configuration page 
    $YourBaseURL/secure/admin/plugins/votingperproject-jira-plugin/ConfigureVotingPerProjectPlugin!default.jspa 
  2. Open Developer Tools (Opera Chrome - Ctrl+Shift+I) and go to console tab
    Firefox  - F12
  3. Type AJS.$(".voting-status-button").click();
  4. After few moments all settings will change their status to opposite. In my environment (about 200 projects) it takes about 6 seconds.

Some time ago I created ticket issues5 Introduce additional global configuration - default setting for new projects

Feel free to comment or vote this issue.

Cheers,

Andrzej

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events