How can I see 'Pre-requisites and Assumptions' field in a test case in JIRA?

Rafi Barry February 9, 2021

In JIRA, How can I set the 'prerequisites and assumptions' field, in a 'Test case' item, to be set up as visible when opening the test case view only, without having to open an execution or the 'Edit' screen state?

Thanks,
Rafi.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hello

I assume you are using a classic project not a next-gen and test case is an issue type. If my assumption is correct, you need to set another screen scheme for that issue type and use different screens. See this screenshot:

Selection_521.png

Here bug issue type uses a different screen scheme. When I click on the pencil button next to it, I can see the screen this scheme uses:

Selection_522.png

Here I can click on edit and use a different screen. First you need to create a different screen, of course. See the button "Associate an issue operation with a screen". Here you can add different screens to different operations like create, edit and view. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Elifcan

Rafi Barry February 10, 2021

Hello Elifcan,
This was exactly what I've meant, and now see the field that I needed.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Rafi.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events