How can I reset(delete the current value) of a tranistion count/caller field?

Christian Gramalla July 31, 2017

Hi

during the work on an issue I keep track on the last caller of a certain transition (e.g. approval) for audit purposes. But some days the issues is closed and archived. It is possible to "re-open" an archived isseu, modify it and start work on it from scrath. But in this case all "Transition count/caller fields" must be reseted.

I tried to do it with post functions:

- "Clear field value": does not generate any error but it does not do anything

- "Update issue custon field": generate an error.

I do not see any other simple means to achive my goal. Do you know any?

How can I fix this problem?

3 answers

0 votes
Christian Gramalla July 31, 2017

Thanks guys

0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Hi,

Nick is absolutely right, calculated fields are read-only, so you must instead create a user picker custom field to hold the transition caller, and a number custom field to hold the transition count.
Then you can use the Set Field Value post-function from the JMWE add-on to set the transition caller field during the transition, and the Increase Field Value post-function from the same add-on to increase the counter.
Finally, you can use the Clear Field Value post-function to clear both fields when reopening the issue.
David

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

The field type you have there is read-only, calculated from the historical data on the issue.  You can't change it.

To meet your requirements, you'll need some (very simple) code.

• Create a new field for the transistion count, selecting a standard number field.
  • Do not place this on any screens other than "view"
  • Find/write code that will add 1 to the value every time your countable transition is used
  • "Clear field value" will now work, as it's acting on a writeable field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events