How can I request maven-metadata.xml to removed from Atlassian's public maven repo?

Weiming Chen April 12, 2018

For example, could the following `maven-metadata.xml` to be removed from

https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public/com/airlock/iam/kobil/lib-portal-ast/

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2018

Weiming,

I don't see anything at that URL but can you let us know why you want something removed from there?

Regards,

Shannon

Weiming Chen April 14, 2018

Hi Shannon:

Indeed the maven-metadata.xml at that URL is gone now, along with other metadata files at other locations.

I need them (not the example) to be removed as they:

1) contained metadata information of our private jar libraries, that we didn't give consent to be exposed to the public;

2) contained incorrect information.

I wonder whether that's something mistakenly generated/exposed by some other party, later on got removed.

Cheers,

Weiming

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Weiming,

Thank you for letting me know - so they're all removed now?

Shannon

Weiming Chen April 16, 2018

Apparently, yes.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2018

Thank you for confirming.

For the information that was displaying, where was it posted originally? Did you do it yourself or did someone on your team do it? In general, if you posted something directly there then you should have also had permissions to remove it.

Shannon

Weiming Chen April 18, 2018

where was it posted originally? 

No idea.

> Did you do it yourself or did someone on your team do it? 

We have conducted an internal audit, no one within our team posted those information 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2018

Thank you for confirming, Weiming.

If it happens again please let us know and we can see where it was synced from.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events