• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I import a CSV file to Insight for Jira Cloud?

Hi all

I can't import CSV files to Insight for Jira Cloud

We really need this feature asap to implement Insight for asset management

Thanks

Regards

4 answers

Hello,

Currently the only way to import data to Insight Cloud is via Rest API. https://documentation.mindville.com/display/INSCLOUD/REST+API

You can create Objects using http POST. If you are using user friendly tools like Postman for testing APIs, then you can also configure Postman Runner to run your CSV file and create your objects automatically. 

We will introduce the CSV import feature in following weeks. (not promising for an exact date)

Best Regards,

Hakan Bahadir
Solution Architect

Mindville

You can import into Jira Cloud directly now; however, I've only gotten it to work by using Apple's Numbers -> Export To ->  on a MAC (set for UTF-8)

If you try to create an Excel UTF-8 CSV for import, it will fail currently. 

Please give us an example of file format - just two rows is enough.

I need to import objects.

I figured it out and added a separate answer.

Generally you have 2 options - to import objects to existing object type or import objects to new object types created. Moreover once you configured the source next consequential import will be as easy as clicking one button - it will import only changes.

So first go to Object Schema -> Configure, then Import, proceed with Import wizard. After it is ready select type of import you need and import the data.

CSV file should be UTF-8 - both Excel and LibreOffice can do that if you select proper type. The spreadsheet should have a row with column names on top. If you already created attributes for object type you should use attribute names for column titles.

Unfortunately I was not able to import links between objects - I will report a feature request to Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

106 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you