• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I get a list of issues that are joined to an Object through a common fixVersion values

I am using Insight to manage collections of software releases that are grouped together as a suites. To do this, I have created a Suite object that contains an Attribute that is a list of fixVersions.

Now I want to get a list of JIRA issues that are linked to a Suite by common fixVersions.

So given an instance of a Suite object (perhaps called 'Suite 1.0'), then I want to execute a query (I presume a JQL with an Insight function) to list of all the JIRA issues that share a fixVersion with Suite 1.0.

Is this possible? 

1 answer

1 vote
Guilhem Dupuy Community Leader Nov 27, 2020

Hello James,

The thing is that up to now, Jira can't directly search data from Insight using a JQL query.

However, what you can do is create a Jira field of type "Insight Object", that you will parameter to display the Suites objects that contain the fixVersion specified in you "fixVersion" field as one of their attributes. 

You can parameter the fields using Insight Query Language (IQL) which is pretty similar to JQL to be honest. You'll find more information about IQL here if needed. 

In your field configuration, the IQL query you should enter in your "Filter issue range" (translated from Insight french translation which is probably poor) should look like something like this  :

Actif = true AND fixVersion = ${customfield_XXXXX.label}

Once the Jira "Insight Object" field created, you will be able to retrieve the Insight object name it is containing using JQL queries just like any other field.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Hi Guilhem,

Thanks for the quick response, but I don't think that will work for me.

I want to do a query that returns a list of JIRA issues. 

I don't want to link JIRA issues directly to Insight Objects (i.e. I don't want to use connectedJIRAIssues).

For example, my JIRA issues have various fixVersions (normal JIRA functionality). For instance, issue 'JIRA-001' has fixVersion '1.0.0'

My custom 'Suite' Insight Object also has a parameter that contains a list of fixVersions. For instance, object 'Suite 1.0' has fixVersion '1.0.0'

Next, I want to do a query to return a list of JIRA issues that are linked to a Suite by common fixVersions.   So I want to 'join' on the fixVersion.

For instance, my imagined query (in JQL pseudo code) would just be:

> suite = 'Suite 1.0'

In this example, this query would return the following JIRA issue:

> 'JIRA-001'

In other words, the fixVersion is not part of the query, it is used to join JIRA issues to Suite objects.

Is there some way to do this using, perhaps using a combination of IQL and JQL?

Thanks,

James.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

80 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you