How can I exclude weekends in the Structure plugin formula?

Vladislav Belyaev March 18, 2021

Good afternoon!
I'm trying to set up a formula to calculate how much time has passed since the problem was created.
Use the formula:

IF(Created; NOW() - Created)

In general, it works correctly. But I want to see how much time has passed without taking into account the days off.
If I use the "Work time" checkbox, then according to the JIRA settings, my time increases very much (instead of 1 week, it shows 7 weeks).

Has anyone ever encountered such a case? Can you tell me how to exclude Saturday and Sunday?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 19, 2021

Hi Vlad,

This problem is actually a little bit deceptively complex.  This formula should caclulate the number of working days between two dates omitting weekends.  Keep in mind that the calculation thinks of the days in between as the days that are not the start and end dates. 

For example if we have a start date of Monday and a finish date of Friday the same week most people would consider there to be 5 working days.  However the days_between function thinks there are 3 days between Monday and Friday.

{code}
with start = start:
with end = end:
with temp = weekday(start) + days_between(start, end):
with days = temp - weekday(start) - FLOOR((temp / 7) * 2):
days

{code}

Cheers,

Nick
[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS