How can I display the Filter Name or add a Title to the widget?

Gary W Alvord February 21, 2020

The widget is not very useful if I can't see the filter being used, or be able to add a name to the widget to describe the results.  Without this there is no context to the results without adding a text panel that must be maintained.

2020-02-21_12-31-41.jpg

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 22, 2020

Hi @Gary W Alvord ,

simply use the Rename function in the configuration menu of the gadget:

sumup_rename-gadget_00.png

This option lets you set custom gadget titles, see:sumup_rename-gadget_01.pngCheers
Thorsten

Gary W Alvord February 24, 2020

Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for the quick reply.  This absolutely works and is very helpful for all my widgets.  This feature may have been there forever and I just had never noticed it.

Thanks!

Gary

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aline
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2020

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately you cannot add a Title to the Widget ( I would love that feature too!). 

What I do is to create a Filter Name that can easy identify what is behind it and also makes a good title.
Example:
(name convention) Project Name: Issue Type - Status or Reference

IT Support : Incident - All Open 

IT Support: Incident - High Priority 

Cheers

Gary W Alvord February 24, 2020

Hi Aline,

As another pointed out to me there is now a "rename" function on the ellipsis menu for the widgets,  I don't know when this came into being - cloud changes all the time - however, it really is useful!  I also like descriptive filter names.

Thanks,

Gary 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events