How can I display a popup message in Automation?

Mark Hanson June 25, 2020

We want to track the status of resolution (development) issues as comments in the parent JSD issues.  In order to do this, we need to restrict on Solves/Solved link to one issue, and would like to use automation to track if more than one link has been created.  

If this user does attempt to link an extra resolution issue, we want to use automation to block the link and notify the user.  Neither a Slack channel notification or comment or email is an adequate notification: it really needs to a popup on the screen something like "Sorry, you can't have more than one link like that; your link has been removed".

So: how do you use automation to create a popup message.

6 answers

1 vote
Narendra Kumar March 9, 2021

Hi @John Funk @Mark Hanson  @Igor Kosoy  can we display a pop-up message when issue is commented? 

We don't want to send notifications. If pop-up facility is available through automation, it'd be best. 

Also, what other options will be there to display a pop-up message when issue is commented?

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Narendra

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Unfortunately, there are no pop ups available through Automation for Jira. 

1 vote
Igor Kosoy January 27, 2021

John, I was looking for the same functionality. Right now adding a comment (action) and sending the email when scope changed while the issue is in progress. Just showing a Notification message would be better, but I can't find the way to do it.  Any way to tag a Project Lead in the comment?

Thank you,

Igor

0 votes
Peter January 30, 2022

@John Funk please request an enhancement for JIRA automation to execute a popup notification action. 

0 votes
Patrice Fanning December 9, 2021

I'm also looking for this, similar to the OOB functionality in the Scrum board:

Update Parent Issue

All sub-tasks for parent issue ADS-83 are now Done.
Do you want to update this parent issue to match?

0 votes
Eliot Martin June 8, 2021

Looking for the same functionality and surprised (not really) that Jira doesn't offer this as part of the transition or automation.  Can't even find a marketplace app that helps me out in this respect.

Yet anotherr request for enhancement I guess.

Mochalov Ilya July 16, 2021

Hi Eliot
JMWE plugin has Display Message to User Post-function

Eliot Martin July 16, 2021

That's great, but yet another example of basic functionality that should be in the vanilla product but is provided by a paid, third-party extension.

Like # people like this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2020

Hi Mark - Just and FYI on Automation For Jira - it performs actions based other actions. But it cannot block or prevent users from performing actions. Those need to be done in the workflow using Conditions and/or Validators. 

Mark Hanson June 25, 2020

I wasn't expecting a block of action, just a popup message.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2020

I am not aware of anywhere in Automation For Jira where popups happen except for notification after and issue is updated by a rule. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

You might try this to tag a project lead in a comment in Automation for Jira. 

[~accountid:{{issue.project.lead.accountId}}]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events