How can I disable the automatic query setting on file load?

Rian Edman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2024

I somehow unknowingly configured a blanket query to my organizations project on a sheet that I do not want to modify. The query automatically runs each time I open the file.

This is resulting in key data getting over-written each time I load the file. I cannot modify the query setting to only run when I hit refresh before the data gets overwritten each time I open the file.

The only solution I have been able to find is to disable the plugin. I can then work on the file without the data getting overwritten but I lose the Jira Excel integration I need. When I reinstall the plugin, it remembers the last configured setting and runs the query again.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2024

Welcome @Rian Edman .

I think the app data remains there for some time after uninstalling. This allows reinstalling the app and not lose the data. 

Is it possible to modify your query from a blanket query to a specific query? This way you can open a file where don't get overwritten. Otherwise, you you may need the app vendor to remove the app data from the app server on the cloud or they may provide an alternative solution to making the app work based on your situation.

Most app vendors has their contact available on the marketplace to support end-users

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events