Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a Slack message from the results of a Jira issue filter?

I am trying to create a Slack message that has the results of an issue filter as the body. The issues from the filter should be in a list. 

3 answers

Can I automate that a slack message with results of a JIRA query is sent out to a Slack channels on schedule?

Hi Drew,

You currently can only do this in server. You could do it in cloud but it would ping your slack room with a message per issue, not ideal...

The way you would do for server is by using a scheduled trigger, and specify the filter in the jql input, and make sure you check the "Process all issues in bulk" option.

checkbox.png

Then in the message part of the slack action, you can iterate over the issues object to print the results to your slack room.

{code}

{{#issues}}{{key}} - {{summary}}{{/}}

{code}

Hi Scott, thank you for the reply and I'm sorry that it took so long to get back here. Do you know if there are plans to implement this for cloud in the future?

- Drew Nedderman

Hi @Scott Harwood ,

from which app or config page is that screenshot?

I would like to know where one can set up such a notification.

Cheers

Jens

It's from Jira Automation

Like Jens Kisters _APTIS_ likes this

+1

Would love to see this implemented. The ability to post JQL messages in slack and get the issues right-a-way. Pretty much as Jira-Integration+ does, I think.

Regards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

684 views 7 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you