How can I configure personal notifications for Microsoft Teams?

Daniel Panteleit April 22, 2020

Is there any way to configure user notifications in Bamboo using the Microsoft Teams Bamboo Connector? I need personal notifications for branches that only specific members should receive (like how it works for mails). In my profile in Bamboo there are only email and instant messaging options listed.

Is this currently possible or planned for the future? I think that specifying a separate webhook URL to a private channel in your profile should be sufficient.

1 answer

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

Hi @Daniel Panteleit and thanks for asking,

You are correct Daniel that a webhook url can be used for this.

You can configure an Incoming Webhook in a Microsoft Teams channel and setup notification coming to it.

A demo and more details are in our guide to Microsoft Teams Bamboo Connector.

Daniel Panteleit April 23, 2020

Let me describe our workflow to make the problem clear:

Let's say we have a working master branch. If there is a problem with the master branch build, the whole team should be notified (case 1).

New features are developed on topic branches. If a plan for such a topic branch fails, only the members working on that branch should be notified (case 2).

Both cases are covered by Bamboo's mail notification. With your add-on I managed only to configure case 1.

Regarding case 2: I'm looking for something each member can configure in their profile under the "Notifications" tab.

Would that be possible?

Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

@Daniel Panteleit ,

It is not possible to have "personal" (1-on-1) notifications without a bot and account mapping (Microsoft Teams account to a Bamboo account). We are working  on this for Jira and Confluence now and plan to add bot later on.

If  you would like to be an alpha-customer please let us know and we can work on this much earlier. Please let me know if you  are interested to discuss this - https://calendly.com/getally

There is a work-around now - the person who needs notifications can create a channel with 1 person inside and an incoming webhook used for the notification (I don't like this solution myself, sorry).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events