Johnson Aduri July 9, 2021

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

Hi @Johnson Aduri  - Automation is always a good route to go - but you can't include Deep Clone actions in Automation right now. However, you can in transition  post functions in the workflow. So you can probably do a combination of the two to achieve your results. 

@John Funk 

Thanks for showing up. I have seen your comments on one of the post in the community. I don't see Deep Clone in the post function. I am using Jira Cloud. 

Go to Settings > Issues > Workflows

Search for the Workflow and click on Edit

Click on the transition where you would like to do the Deep Clone. This will popup a  box to the right. Click on Post functions

Then Click on Add Post function

Then Select Deep Clone and follow the prompts there. 

I don't see Deep Clone in the post function. I am using Jira Cloud. 

snipping.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

Deep Clone is an add-on that you will have to get through the Atlassian Marketplace. You can certainly try it on a trial basis for a month. 

Once installed you will see a post function simply labeled as Deep Clone. 

Like Johnson Aduri likes this

@John Funk  Thanks again.

Do we have any option other than that. At least moving bulk issues from project A to project B with the help of automation. 

I used clone function in Jira cloud by automation but it doesn't carry attachments, Comments, Components and releases with it. Any suggestions. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

Without add-on i will go with the REST API to copy field that automation doesn't handle. May be you can automate all this stuff by asking Automation to send a webhook that you will receive and use some code to copy all field you need based on the issue key of the webhook.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

As Mohamed said, the only other way would probably be through the API, although I have never done that.  :-(

@Mohamed Benziane  Can i have some more information on this. 

@John Funk  Same here John. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

@Johnson Aduri You can take a look at this article 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828

Basically i will add an action to your current rule that will sent a webhook to an endpoint of your choice then with the information you receive on this endpoint, use the api to copy and past the informations(attachment, comment...) on the new issue.

I can't try this for now. You just need to have a endpoint and a mechanisme that will read all information send to this endpoint

Like # people like this
Johnson Aduri July 11, 2021

@Mohamed Benziane  Thanks for the Information. 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2021

Hi,

I am the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

You can read more about the Deep Clone post-function in our documentation.

If you have questions or feedback about our app, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

Hi,

Did you look at the automation ? You could try to create a rule that suit your requirement

@Mohamed Benziane 

Thanks for response. I have tried using Automation.  But the cloned issue doesn't carry the attachments, comments, components and Releases with it.  Can you suggest me any of the other methods. 

-Johnson

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events