How can I add back 'Original Estimate' and 'Remaining Estimate' fields?

Anthony May 6, 2014

Last year I removed these fields (Original Estimate and Remaining Estimate) from my Jira OnDemand instance (I deleted them from custom fields), as we were using points. I now have a project that requires Time estimates, and would like to add these fields back in. I see that there are still Time Tracking options in Administration and on the Jira Agile Boards, and when I run an export on Issues, the columns for these 2 fields still exist. How can I restore or recreate them, so they can be referenced in work items and on the agile board, as they were in the past?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2014

Add the "time tracking" field back into your projects

That depends on how you "removed" them - you certainly can't do it from "custom fields" as they are system fields and don't get listed there, but you could have killed them off in "field configurations" or removed them from "screens"

Anthony May 6, 2014

Thank you Nic, that did it! I was playing around in the Custom Fields, Screens, Screen Schemes, etc... The setting I needed was in Field Configurations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events