How amend Test Set and Test Execution Screen?

Shah Baloch August 27, 2020

Xray tool is new for us, we are still testing this tool and figuring it out how it works. A team member requested that if we can display a list of "Test Set" tickets on the "Test Execution" screen and "Test Execution" tickets in the "Test Set" screen. Currently, we can only see a "Tests" Tab and under that tab, we can see "Test" tickets from both screens. What team wants that have "Tests" and "Test Set" on the "Test Execution" screen and "Tests" and "Test Execution" on the "Test Set" screen. As you can see from the screenshot there are only Test tickets displaying and bottom we want to have execution and set. I couldn't figure out how we can do it. Appreciate your help.xray_82720.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi @Shah Baloch ,

first, unfortunately, those panels aren't configurable.

Second, I think there's a misunderstanding about the concepts; let me try to clarify and share some resources.

This page explains the concepts and I invite you to watch this recent video, or this older video focused on concepts.

In sum,

• A Test Set is a logical grouping of Tests/test cases; it has no explicit relation with other entities. It is not related to execution nor with planning aspects.
  • A Test Execution represents a task for running a bunch of Tests against some version /revision of the SUT. It contains only Tests (even though you can import them from an existing Test Set). A Test Execution can be linked to a Test Plan.

I think you're missing there the Test Plan concept, which defines the scope of the testing you wish to perform... for a version, for a Sprint. It groups and consolidates the results fro multiple, related Test Executions. Here are some thoughts about its possible usage.

Regards,

Sérgio

=======================================

A personal blog on testing, Agile, and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events