How add an existing Jira story to BigGantt\Project\task

Chris Huang July 30, 2020

I have just installed the BigGantt with high hope. 

I created the program and want to port in the existing stories I created before to the current program as tasks. How do I do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 10, 2020

Hello Chris

One way to do that is to go to your new BigGantt program configuration, the Scope tab and select a Jira project(s) that you keep your stories in.

See fig. 1. I elected to import tasks from 'test' Jira project.

They should now pour into your Gantt chart.

Another tab to evaluate at the beginning of your BG journey is the next one - 'Task structure'.

biggantt-scope-definition.png

Chris Huang August 13, 2020

Thank you, Marcin. You have a very good point. 

We have a different setup here. We align the Jira project with the Product Owner/Team, so it consists of many different "real" projects. What I eventually have done is to create JQL on the Epic link to pull the stories into BigGantt. 

The team needs a swim lane chart for overview. However, this chart is tied to a particular project. We have another Tech Debt project, but it is so hard to manage it because it is not incorporated into the main swim lane.  If JIRA makes swim lane an independent chart, that'll be very helpful.

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2020

Hi @Chris Huang 

I will be more than happy to answer this, but I am not sure I understand your requirements in full here. 

Would you please be able to provide more details to make it clearer?

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events